Golf Vacations England
Summary of Golf packages and Golf tours England
- Module 1 "Play three British Open Championship Courses"
4 rounds of golf, 4 nights, £939.00 per golfer
- Module 2 "Designed by the Scottish Doctor of Augusta fame"
5 rounds of golf, 3 nights, £479 per golfer
South East England and London
- Module 3 Play the British Open course - Royal St George's
3 rounds of golf, 3 nights, £595.00 per golfer
- Module 4 Stay in London, Europe's 'hot spot' for Entertainment
For most clients this is an 'add on' to a golf tour. Featured hotel £90.00 per person per night, golf arranged if required.
South West England and South Wales
- Module 5 "Four highly ranked seaside links including England's oldest at Westward Ho! "
4 rounds of golf, 3 nights, £464.00 per golfer
- Module 6 "Play the 2010 Ryder Cup Course in Wales, and more"
3 rounds of golf, 3 nights, £538.00 per golfer
The British Isles is internationally known for its famous seaside golf links, developed on natural sand dunes, where Open Championships have always been held. England however has many inland courses that are as renowned as the traditional seaside links. Most are laid out on Heathland (springy turf with heather and gorse as hazards) or Moorland (similar but on higher ground). We have selected 6 locations in England and feature 27 of the best courses: 13 are seaside links, 2 cliff top courses, 7 Heathland courses, 1 Moorland and 4 Parkland. No other country offers such variety of quality courses.
England’s historic past has made it a ‘treasure trove’ whose riches are part of world culture. The centrepiece for visitors is London with 30 million tourists each year. They come because it is the most culturally rich, stimulating and dynamic city in the world. The choice is overwhelming with over 100 theatres, 300 museums, seven royal palaces and so much more. Outside of London are more favourite cities and towns, York, Durham, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, Canterbury, Stratford-upon Avon and Royal Windsor. The countryside is varied and colourful with many interesting small towns and villages where the centre of social life is still the pub.
The three Regions featured below each have two recommended, priced modules. You might select a single module or two modules in a region or any mix that appeals to you. We will tailor any trip to suit your group. We have incorporated for convenience one module from South Wales, as this area is only 90 minutes from London Heathrow.
- If a priority is playing British Open Courses there are 3 in the North West (Module 1) and one in the South East (Module 3).
- If you want to play quality traditional seaside links without a premium price, check out South West England (Module 5). See top picture Burnham and Berrow in the South West.
- The highest ranked Heathland courses are just outside of London. (Example: ‘The Berkshire’ picture below).
- If you want to play 36 holes in a day, Module 2 features two excellent courses where the green fee covers a day’s play.